Fat is no longer the only enemy to healthy body and mind, its sugar as well. Yet excess fat is may it be body fat or food fat is a matter of concern. The only time we adored body fat was when we see a baby. The cute chubby baby fat on a little child is adorable, but the same when seen on a grownup is termed unhealthy or obese.
Ideal Body Fat Percentage
Ideally, it is normal for women to be fatter than men as the fat supports the reproductive function. Methods like Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) and skin fold measurement are used to measure body fat.
Distribution of Various Fats in Body and Tips to Burn It
Not all fat is bad or unhealthy. Body fat is divided into visceral, belly, subcutaneous, brown and white. Of these, the visceral fat is termed to be the most dangerous for health.
Fat around the belly is termed as visceral fat and is responsible for stroke and heart ailments and is considered the most dangerous type of fat. The fat layer directly under the skin is called subcutaneous body fat and it does the work of providing protection from bruises and cold.
Tips to Burn Excess Body Fat
Along with diet and exercise, the below mentioned tips helps us to lose body fat quickly and boosts our metabolism.
- Proteins provide satiety in diet. Consuming a high protein diet decreases our appetite and helps in reducing carbs, fat and calorie intake. High quality protein intake is associated with lowering risk of belly fat. Food such as chicken, egg, dairy food, seafood etc should be substituted for some of your unhealthy carbs and fats.
- Getting enough sleep is extremely important as it lowers weight gain. Lack of sleep is associated with increased hunger and appetite and more chances of obesity. Also sleeping immediately after meal consumption is strongly correlated with in body fat percentage. Keep a gap of minimum 2 to 3 hours in between meal timings and sleep.
- Consuming healthy fats takes longer to digest and gives us the feeling of fullness. Almonds, walnuts and other nuts and seeds are examples of healthy fat.
- Increases fibre intake or fibre rich food decreases hunger and calorie intake. Eg. fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains etc.
- Increasing healthy liquid intake like fresh unsweetened juice, having at least 10-12 glasses of water daily and cutting down on alcoholic and sweetened canned or tinned beverages like soda and alcohol help in fat burning.
- An exercise of more than 20 minutes can only encourage fat burning process. Thus try to incorporate an any physical activity or type of exericse that lasts for more than 30 minutes. Adapting a healthy lifestyle and indulging in 1-2 moderate exercises at least 5 days a week promotes health and aids in cutting body fat percentage to the minimum and healthy range.
Do not fear fat. Simply Burn it. A healthy diet and exercise will burn it, excuses wont. Work on from Today. Dont wait for tomorrow!