‘Tis the season to be jolly and happy’, this phrase we often associate with the festival of Christmas. Christmas is celebrated worldwide with a lot of fervor and delicacies. December 25th is the day Jesus Christ was born. It is celebrated with equal aplomb not just by Christians worldwide but by people from all castes and religions. Putting up a Christmas tree and decorating it, hanging a stocking, writing a letter for Santa and preparing mouth watering treats are all part of the Christmas festivities.
To make Christmas Happy and Healthy, below are some mouthwatering Christmas treat recipes:-
Whole Wheat Cookies
- 2 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup castor sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tablespoon water
- Mix whole wheat flour, castor sugar and water together and in a bowl and make dough.
- Cut it into desired shapes with a cookie cutter and put to bake.
- Whisk well the remaining ingredients, it should rise and get fluffy and peaky because of the eggs. You can add some food colour to it.
- Add this in an icing pipe and add blobs on the cookie.
Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 Beetroot boiled and made into puree
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup castor sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Keep muffin cups ready in a baking tray and preheat oven.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla essence to beet puree.
- Mix together flour, cocoa and baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and egg white in a bowl along with sugar, oil and butter.
- Add the beetroot puree to this batter in muffin trays and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkles/Frosting can be added on top.
- ½ cup milk and condensed milk each
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa and bourbon each,
- I cup mixed chocolate and milk chips.
- Mix the entire ingredients together in a bowl except for the chips and whisk it thoroughly.
- Empty it in a pan and cover it.
- Cook on low heat for about 30-50 minutes.
- Decorate with chips when cool and consume fresh.
Tip: Consume it with Fresh Seasonal Fruits!!
Christmas is the season of giving, giving goodness and receiving love and happiness in return. Let’s all hope and aim to bring sweetness and goodness in our lives just like all the wonderfully sweet Christmas treats.